- 1 How do I use noindex pages?
- 2 How do I fix noindex in WordPress?
- 3 How do I create a noindex author page in WordPress?
- 4 How do I crawl a WordPress site?
- 5 How do I make a page not indexable?
- 6 How do I block pages in robots txt?
- 7 How do I Deindex a page?
- 8 How do I fix Noindex error?
- 9 How do I fix noindex tag?
- 10 How do I create an author page in WordPress?
- 11 How do I enable author page in WordPress?
- 12 How do I change the author URL in WordPress?
- 13 How do I stop bots crawling on my website?
- 14 Why is my WordPress site not on Google?
- 15 How do I rank my WordPress site on Google?
How do I use noindex pages?
If you want to add a noindex and/or a nofollow tag, the first step is to copy your desired tag. Adding the tags is as simple as adding the tag you copied to the section of your page’s HTML. This is also known as the page’s header. Just open the source code for the web page you want to deindex.
How do I fix noindex in WordPress?
Issue #2: Remove ‘noindex’ Meta Tag in WordPress
- Log in to WordPress.
- Go to Settings → Reading.
- Scroll down the page to where it says “Search Engine Visibility”
- Uncheck the box next to “Discourage search engines from indexing this site”
- Hit the “Save Changes” button below.
To noindex individual author pages, follow these steps:
- Log in to your WordPress website.
- Click on ‘Users’.
- Go to ‘All Users’
- Select the right user to edit in the Users overview.
- On the profile editing page, check ‘Do not allow search engines to show this author’s archives in search results’ in the Yoast SEO settings.
How do I crawl a WordPress site?
How to get your site found and indexed by Google:
- Create an XML sitemap with Yoast SEO. An XML sitemap is a file that contains information about your website.
- Set up an account with Google Search Console.
- Add your sitemap to Google Search Console.
- And/or, submit your most important individual pages in Google Search Console.
How do I make a page not indexable?
Add only a “noindex” tag: when you don’t want a search engine to index your web page in search, but you do want it to follow the links on that page — thereby giving ranking authority to the other pages your page links to.
How do I block pages in robots txt?
How to Block URLs in Robots txt:
- User-agent: *
- Disallow: / blocks the entire site.
- Disallow: /bad-directory/ blocks both the directory and all of its contents.
- Disallow: /secret. html blocks a page.
- User-agent: * Disallow: /bad-directory/
How do I Deindex a page?
How to Deindex a Site from Google
- Use Robots. txt.
- Verify Search Console. I wanted to avoid adding another property to Search Console, but this is the next step.
- URL Removal Tool in Google. Navigate to Google Index > Remove URLs, and follow the instructions.
- Verify that Pages Are Deindexed.
How do I fix Noindex error?
How to Fix Submitted URL Marked ‘NoIndex’ Error?
- 1 Check Whether URLs Have Been Marked As ‘NoIndex’ Please check the page source of the URLs and check whether the “noindex” robots tag is present or not.
- 2 Check Rank Math’s Titles & Meta Settings.
- 3 Ensure Settings Match Your Preferences.
How do I fix noindex tag?
Fixing this issue
- Pages are correctly marked noindex, and incorrectly included in the XML sitemap: remove these pages from the XML sitemap.
- Pages are incorrectly marked noindex, and included in the XML sitemap: update their indexability status, and you’re good.
Head over to Appearance » Widgets page and add [WPUM] Login Form widget to a sidebar. You can now visit your website to see the author profile page in action. As a logged in user, you will see your own account information in the sidebar widget. Clicking on the username will take you to your author profile page.
How to enable or disable author archive pages
- Log in to your WordPress website. When you’re logged in, you will be in your ‘Dashboard’.
- Click on ‘SEO’ in the sidebar.
- Click on ‘Search Appearance’.
- Click on the ‘Archives’ tab.
- Toggle the ‘Author archives’ switch to match your site setup.
- Click ‘Save Changes’.
Simply head over to the Settings » Edit Author Slug page. Here you will see an option to change the author base and even choose different author base for users with different user roles. Once you are finished, click on the save changes button to store your settings.
How do I stop bots crawling on my website?
Here are nine recommendations to help stop bot attacks.
- Block or CAPTCHA outdated user agents/browsers.
- Block known hosting providers and proxy services.
- Protect every bad bot access point.
- Carefully evaluate traffic sources.
- Investigate traffic spikes.
- Monitor for failed login attempts.
Why is my WordPress site not on Google?
Why isn’t my site showing up in Google? Make sure your site’s privacy settings are set to Public, with the option “Do not allow search engines to index my site” not selected. Search engines can take 4-6 weeks or more to show any newly created sites.
How do I rank my WordPress site on Google?
What Is WordPress SEO?
- Choose a Reliable Hosting Provider.
- Install an SEO-friendly WordPress Theme.
- Install a Free WordPress SEO Plugin.
- Set Your Preferred Domain.
- Check Your Site’s Visibility Settings.
- Enable SEO Friendly Permalinks.
- Verify Your Site with Google Search Console & Submit Your XML Sitemap.