- 1 How do I add categories to WordPress site?
- 2 How do I add a category to a menu in WordPress?
- 3 How do I show categories in WordPress?
- 4 How do I add bulk categories in WordPress?
- 5 What is the difference between categories and tags in WordPress?
- 6 How do I show sub categories in WordPress?
- 7 How do I add a menu item in WordPress?
- 8 How do I add to the top menu bar in WordPress?
- 9 How do you import categories?
- 10 How do I add bulk categories in WooCommerce?
How do I add categories to WordPress site?
To create new categories in WordPress, go to Posts > Categories page. On the left side of the page, you will see a tab that allows you to create categories. Fill in the category name, its slug (will be used in the category URLs), the category description and then press Add New Category.
Adding a WooCommerce Product Category to a Menu
- Go to Appearance > Menus.
- Make sure you select the correct menu from the drop-down.
- Click on “Select” to load the menu.
- Select the “Products” tab.
- Check the Product to be added.
- Press the “Add to Menu” or “Add to Column” button.
How do I show categories in WordPress?
In menus, go to Appearance → Menus, select categories and click Add to Menus. In the sidebar, go to Appearance → Widgets, then choose the categories that you want to appear in the sidebar and click Add Widget. When you want to show subcategories in the sidebar, drag and drop categories to a Sidebar.
How do I add bulk categories in WordPress?
Upload the plugin folder to your /wp-content/plugins/ directory. Go to WordPress dashboard, click on Plugins from the menu. Locate the Bulk WooCommerce Category Creator and click on Activate link to activate the plugin.
Categories are best used for broad groupings of topics. For example, if you’re creating a site that reviews media, you might use categories such as Books or Film or TV. Tags are much more specific topics that you want to use to associate related content.
How do I show sub categories in WordPress?
Activate the plugin through the ‘Plugins’ screen in WordPress. On the ‘Widgets’ sub-menu of ‘Appearance’ you will find a new widget type called ‘Sub Category’. Add one or more of these to your themes widget display areas. For each widget you add, decide what and how you’d like it to display.
To add a product page or product category page to a custom menu, complete the following steps in your WordPress Admin Panel: Go to Appearance > Menus. In the upper right corner, click on Screen Options and ensure the “Products” and “Product Categories” boxes are checked. If you only have one menu, then skip this step!
To add an extra menu to the top of your site:
- Go to Appearance > Customize in your dashboard as shown below:
- Go to the Layout Options section:
- Select “Add an extra menu to the top” from the options:
- Then click the “Save & Publish” button at the top to save the settings.
How do you import categories?
Import categories in Magento 2
- Prepare data. Firstly, you need to login to Magento Admin and access System > Import.
- Configure Import Behavior. The category import plugin helps you to execute many behaviors in the import behavior field:
- Select file to Import.
- Check data and finish data entry.
How do I add bulk categories in WooCommerce?
From this page, one can create WooCommerce categories in bulk. Install Bulk WooCommerce Category Creator
- Login to the admin of your website.
- Go to Plugins -> Add New.
- Click on Upload Plugin -> Choose file -> Select the plugin file.
- Click Install now and activate the plugin once it is installed.