- 1 What are categories in WordPress menu?
- 2 What’s the difference between tags and categories in WordPress?
- 3 How do I create a category in WordPress?
- 4 How do I list categories in WordPress?
- 5 What are examples of categories?
- 6 Can WordPress pages have categories?
- 7 How do I show Page categories in WordPress?
- 8 What is category and tag in WordPress?
- 10 How do I find sub categories in WordPress?
- 11 How do I use list categories in WordPress plugins?
Categories provide a helpful way to group related posts together. Depending on the theme and widgets you have activated, categories can be used in the following places: On your menu to organize your posts into category pages, to display posts by category. On specific pages using the Blog Posts block.
Categories are best used for broad groupings of topics. For example, if you’re creating a site that reviews media, you might use categories such as Books or Film or TV. Tags are much more specific topics that you want to use to associate related content.
How do I create a category in WordPress?
You can easily add a new category in WordPress when writing a post. In the Document panel on the right hand side, open up the Categories tab. Then, you can simply click the ‘Add New Category’ link to create your new category. Once you click the link, two new boxes will appear where you can add your category.
How do I list categories in WordPress?
By specifying a number, you can define the maximum number of categories to display. For example, we can list the five most used categories. $ args = array( ‘orderby’ => ‘count’, ‘order’ => ‘DESC’, ‘number’ => 5 ); This example lists the categories with the greatest number of posts.
What are examples of categories?
The definition of a category is any sort of division or class. An example of category is food that is made from grains. A class or division in a scheme of classification.
Can WordPress pages have categories?
You can now add Categories to the Pages just like you do it for your Posts. Now you can get the pages with specific category with the help of query post/wp_query.
How do I show Page categories in WordPress?
In order to display that page, you just need to do some simple steps: Go to Posts → Categories. Navigate to Categories, then click View under your desired category. Viewing Directly
- Go to Settings → Permalinks.
- Choose Custom Structure.
- Add /%category%/%postname%/ after your domain.
- Enter “.” to Category base.
What is category and tag in WordPress?
Categories and tags are the two primary ways to group content on a WordPress site. In simple terms, categories are general labels, while tags are more specific (describe your posts in more detail).
How do I find sub categories in WordPress?
How to Create Subcategories in WordPress (In 3 Steps)
- Step 1: Start Editing a Post & Select the Categories Tab. To get started, navigate to the WordPress post that you want to add to a new subcategory.
- Step 2: Click on the Add New Category Link.
- Step 3: Select a Parent Category for Your WordPress Subcategory.
How do I use list categories in WordPress plugins?
Login to your WordPress Admin menu, go to Plugins, and activate it. Start using the ‘[catlist]` shortcode in your posts and/or pages. You can find the List Category Posts widget in the Appearence > Widgets section on your WordPress Dashboard.