- 1 How do you set a page as your homepage in WordPress?
- 2 How do I add a page to my homepage?
- 3 How do you set a page as your homepage on Google Chrome?
- 4 Why can’t I edit my homepage in WordPress?
- 5 What is the front page in WordPress?
- 6 How do you make a page your homepage on Safari?
- 7 What is a posts page in WordPress?
- 8 How do I make Xfinity my homepage?
- 9 What is the alternative name of homepage?
- 10 How do I fix the main page in WordPress?
- 11 How do I remove the default Homepage in WordPress?
- 12 How do I edit the index page in WordPress?
How do you set a page as your homepage in WordPress?
To designate your static homepage, go to My Sites → Customize → Homepage Settings: Then, under Front page displays, choose A static page. Next, click on the Homepage dropdown list and select the “Home” page you created as your static homepage: Next, on the Posts page dropdown, select the “Posts” page you created.
How do I add a page to my homepage?
You can control what page appears when you click Home.
- On your computer, open Chrome.
- At the top right, click More. Settings.
- Under “Appearance,” turn on Show Home button.
- Below “Show Home button,” choose to use the New Tab page or a custom page.
How do you set a page as your homepage on Google Chrome?
You can customize Google Chrome to open any page for the homepage or startup page. Choose your homepage
- On your Android phone or tablet, open the Chrome app.
- At the top right, tap More. Settings.
- Under “Advanced,” tap Homepage.
- Choose Chrome’s homepage or a custom page.
Why can’t I edit my homepage in WordPress?
You have to create and publish the welcome page and then set that as your “static front page” at settings > reading. If you want a blog page showing posts as well, you also have to create a blog page and publish it, and then set it as the “posts” page at settings > reading.
What is the front page in WordPress?
Your front page is the home page of your WordPress site. By default, it displays your blog posts, starting with the most recent entries. WordPress enables you to set the number of posts displayed and even include teasers for other posts (depending on your theme’s options).
How do you make a page your homepage on Safari?
Change your homepage in Safari on Mac
- In the Safari app on your Mac, choose Safari > Preferences, then click General.
- In the Homepage field, enter a webpage address. To simply use the webpage you’re currently viewing, click Set to Current Page.
- Choose when your homepage is shown.
What is a posts page in WordPress?
Posts are essentially regular, yet time-specific pieces of content (such as news items). They’re what you use to ensure your WordPress site is fresh, relevant, and interesting. By default, posts are listed in reverse chronological order on your home page (though this can be changed).
How do I make Xfinity my homepage?
Setting up Xfinity As Your Home Page on Google Chrome
- Click the Chrome menu button on the upper-right corner of the browser.
- Click Settings.
- Under the Appearance group, check the Show Home button.
- As soon as you click the checkbox, it will show a Change link beneath.
- A homepage dialog box will appear.
What is the alternative name of homepage?
A home page (or homepage) is the main web page of a website. The term also refers to one or more pages always shown in a web browser when the application starts up. In this case, it is also known as the start page.
How do I fix the main page in WordPress?
You can also do this from the Appearance >> Customizer >> Homepage Settings option.
- Click on Settings >> Reading in your admin dashboard.
- Set Your homepage displays to ‘A static page’
- Select the page you want to set as the Homepage from the dropdown.
- Click the Save button to save your changes.
How do I remove the default Homepage in WordPress?
2- Go to Dashboard => Appearance => Customize => Menus =>Primary and see if there are any other pages on the menu except the pages that you have added. If so then you can remove the page or the link.
How do I edit the index page in WordPress?
For editing on index page in wordpress you can find it in wordpress theme, go to wp-content >> your current theme and edit index page.