- 1 Where do I add Google Analytics measurement ID in WordPress?
- 2 Where do I put the Google Analytics code?
- 3 How do I add Google Analytics code to my website?
- 4 Does WordPress have built in analytics?
- 5 Do I need to put Google Analytics code on every page?
- 6 What can be tracked with Google Analytics?
- 7 What does Google Analytics tracking code look like?
- 8 How do I install Google Analytics without a plugin?
- 9 How do I enable appearance editor in WordPress?
- 10 Where is the theme editor in WordPress?
- 11 Can I use Google Analytics on any website?
- 12 How do I put a tracking code on my website?
- 13 How does Google Analytics code work?
Where do I add Google Analytics measurement ID in WordPress?
On Your WordPress.com Site Head to My Sites → Tools → Marketing → Traffic and scroll down until you find the Google Analytics section. Paste the entire ID you copied from the Google Analytics site into the “Google Analytics Measurement ID” box.
Where do I put the Google Analytics code?
According to Google: “The code should be added near the top of thetag and before any other script or CSS tags, and the string ‘UA-XXXXX-Y’ should be replaced with the property ID (also called the “tracking ID”) of the Google Analytics property you wish to track.”
How do I add Google Analytics code to my website?
Get started with Analytics
- Create or sign in to your Analytics account: Go to google.com/analytics.
- Set up a property in your Analytics account.
- Set up a reporting view in your property.
- Follow the instructions to add the tracking code to your websiteso you can collect data in your Analytics property.
Does WordPress have built in analytics?
WordPress doesn’t come with built-in analytics, so you’ll need to install Google Analytics on your WordPress site. But that can be tricky, especially for beginners. An easier way of connecting Google Analytics with WordPress is through a plugin like MonsterInsights.
Do I need to put Google Analytics code on every page?
You do need to put Google Analytics on every page that you are interested in tracking. Depending on what website builder you are using, it is done automatically for you.
What can be tracked with Google Analytics?
What Google Analytics can do?
- See how many users are on your site right now.
- What cities and countries your users are visiting from.
- Finding out what devices your audience uses.
- Find your audience interests.
- The channels that drive the most traffic.
- Keep track of your marketing campaigns.
- Track how users navigate your site.
What does Google Analytics tracking code look like?
The tracking ID is a string like UA-000000-2. It must be included in your tracking code to tell Analytics which account and property to send data to.
How do I install Google Analytics without a plugin?
How to Add Google Analytics to WordPress Without a Plugin
- Create a Google Account.
- Sign in to Google Analytics.
- The Admin area of the Google Analytics Dashboard.
- WhereTo Find the Tracking Info for Google Analytics.
- An Example of Google Analytics Tracking Code.
- Go to Appearance > Editor.
How do I enable appearance editor in WordPress?
To enable the theme editor, follow these steps: Go to Appearance, select one theme (any one you like) and activate it. In this activated theme, go to Appearance → Editor → select the theme to edit (on the top right, above Templates. There is a drop-down click on it and select your previous theme.)
Where is the theme editor in WordPress?
Theme editor is a simple text editor in WordPress located at Appearance » Editor. It allows you to modify WordPress theme files from the admin area. You can see the preview of the theme editor in the screenshot below. On the right hand of the editor, there is the list of editable files in the currently active theme.
Can I use Google Analytics on any website?
Will Google Analytics work on any website? Google Analytics will work on any website as long as you install the code snippet on it. Whether your website is an old and crusty one from 2010, or whether you make it yourself using one of the most popular and new website builders.
How do I put a tracking code on my website?
- 1Obtain your tracking code in your marketing automation tool.
- 2Locate your global footer in your content management system.
- 3When you have found your tracking code and located your global footer, copy and paste your tracking code into the footer.
How does Google Analytics code work?