- 1 How do I add Google Analytics code to WordPress?
- 2 How do I add Google Analytics code to my website?
- 3 Where is Google Analytics in WordPress?
- 4 Does WordPress have built in analytics?
- 5 Do I need to put Google Analytics code on every page?
- 6 Where can I find Google Analytics tracking code?
- 7 What does Google Analytics tracking code look like?
- 8 Where is the theme editor in WordPress?
- 9 How do I enable appearance editor in WordPress?
- 10 How can I tell if Google Analytics is working?
- 11 Is MonsterInsights the same as Google Analytics?
- 12 How does WooCommerce integrate with Google Analytics?
How do I add Google Analytics code to WordPress?
Log in to your WordPress dashboard and navigate to Appearance » Theme Editor. Now click the Theme Header (header. php) file on the right-hand side below the Theme Files section. Paste the tracking code you just copied from your Analytics profile before the closing tag.
How do I add Google Analytics code to my website?
Get started with Analytics
- Create or sign in to your Analytics account: Go to google.com/analytics.
- Set up a property in your Analytics account.
- Set up a reporting view in your property.
- Follow the instructions to add the tracking code to your websiteso you can collect data in your Analytics property.
Where is Google Analytics in WordPress?
On Your WordPress.com Site Head to My Sites → Tools → Marketing → Traffic and scroll down until you find the Google Analytics section.
Does WordPress have built in analytics?
WordPress doesn’t come with built-in analytics, so you’ll need to install Google Analytics on your WordPress site. But that can be tricky, especially for beginners. An easier way of connecting Google Analytics with WordPress is through a plugin like MonsterInsights.
Do I need to put Google Analytics code on every page?
You do need to put Google Analytics on every page that you are interested in tracking. Depending on what website builder you are using, it is done automatically for you.
Where can I find Google Analytics tracking code?
Find your Tracking ID and global site tag
- Sign in to your Analytics account.
- Click Admin.
- Select an account from the menu in the ACCOUNT column.
- Select a property from the menu in the PROPERTY column.
- Under PROPERTY, click Tracking Info > Tracking Code. Your Tracking ID is displayed at the top of the page.
What does Google Analytics tracking code look like?
The tracking ID is a string like UA-000000-2. It must be included in your tracking code to tell Analytics which account and property to send data to.
Where is the theme editor in WordPress?
Theme editor is a simple text editor in WordPress located at Appearance » Editor. It allows you to modify WordPress theme files from the admin area. You can see the preview of the theme editor in the screenshot below. On the right hand of the editor, there is the list of editable files in the currently active theme.
How do I enable appearance editor in WordPress?
To enable the theme editor, follow these steps: Go to Appearance, select one theme (any one you like) and activate it. In this activated theme, go to Appearance → Editor → select the theme to edit (on the top right, above Templates. There is a drop-down click on it and select your previous theme.)
How can I tell if Google Analytics is working?
The easiest way is to look at your reports. If your real-time tracking has data coming in, then it’s working. You can also check your tracking code’s status: Navigate to the Admin page in Google Analytics.
Is MonsterInsights the same as Google Analytics?
The difference between MonsterInsights and Google Analytics is: Google Analytics is a web analytics service offered by Google to help you understand your website visitors. MonsterInsights is a powerful WordPress plugin that makes it effortless to connect Google Analytics with your WordPress site.
How does WooCommerce integrate with Google Analytics?
Configure the plugin by going to WooCommerce > Settings > Integrations. You will see ‘Google Analytics’ listed as an option. In the VIEW column, Ecommerce Settings.
- Set Enable Ecommerce to ON.
- Set Enable Enhanced Ecommerce Reporting to ON.
- Click Save.