- 1 How do I change the title and meta description in WordPress?
- 2 How do I change the meta description in WordPress without Plugin?
- 3 How do I add META tags to my WordPress description?
- 4 How do I remove meta description from WordPress?
- 5 What is the use of meta keywords?
- 6 How do you write a good meta description?
- 7 Where do I put meta description in WordPress?
- 8 How do you do meta tags?
- 9 What are meta tags in WordPress?
- 10 Where do you put meta tags?
- 11 Where do I edit meta tags in WordPress?
- 12 How do I get rid of Meta and archive in WordPress?
- 13 What does just another WordPress site mean?
How do I change the title and meta description in WordPress?
Changing the SEO Titles and Meta Descriptions for Archives
- Login to your WordPress site.
- Navigate to the Yoast SEO Plugin.
- Click on “Search Appearance” on the left side of the menu.
- Navigate to Archives along the top of the page.
- Change the “SEO title” and “Meta description”
How do I change the meta description in WordPress without Plugin?
How to add meta tags to WordPress website without plugins
- Step 1: Go to wp-content/themes folder, and browse the theme folder which currently being used.
- Step 2: Find and open the file named functions. php.
- Step 3: Add the following code to the functions. php file.
- Step 4: Update the functions.
How to Add Meta Tags in WordPress Using a Plugin
- First, log into your WordPress dashboard.
- Click Plugins > Add New.
- Search for “Meta Tag Manager.” When the search result appears, click Install Now and Activate.
- You’ll be automatically redirected to the tab containing all installed plugins on your site.
How do I remove meta description from WordPress?
1. Remove WordPress Meta Generator Tag using a plugin
- Install WP Hardening from the WordPress store.
- Activate it.
- Navigate to the “Security Fixers” tab in the plugin and just flick the toggle key next to the option “Remove Meta Generator tag.”
- And you are done.
What is the use of meta keywords?
Meta tags are used “behind the scenes” of a website page to communicate information about that page to search engine crawlers. The Meta Keyword tag is used — or more accurately, was used — to let Google and other search engines know which keywords were most relevant to the content of a given web page.
How do you write a good meta description?
Characteristics of a good meta description
- Keep it up to 155 characters.
- Use active voice and make it actionable.
- Include a call-to-action.
- Use your focus keyword.
- Show specifications, where possible.
- Make sure it matches the content of the page.
- Make it unique.
Where do I put meta description in WordPress?
First, go to Search Appearance » Global Settings in your WordPress admin. Then, scroll down to the Home Page section. On this screen, you can easily enter a meta description and keywords, just like you would for a post or page. All in One SEO will use your tagline as your meta description by default.
To add meta tags to a web page, you need to edit thesection of the HTML file. There are two methods you can use to edit HTML files: If the file already exists on your website, you can download it using an FTP client and then edit it using your preferred text editor.
A meta tag is a snippet of HTML code that describes the content of a website or a specific web page. These bits of data tell search engines what the page is about, and provide the content that will be displayed in search engine results.
tags always go inside theelement, and are typically used to specify character set, page description, keywords, author of the document, and viewport settings. Metadata will not be displayed on the page, but is machine parsable.
Set up meta tags in WordPress
- Install a plugin in WordPress.
- Activate a plugin in WordPress.
- Click on Pages or Posts depending which you need to edit.
- Click the edit under the page or post title.
- Scroll down to the Yoast SEO section.
- Click the Edit snippet button.
How do I get rid of Meta and archive in WordPress?
In that case, you’ll want to go to WP Admin > Appearance > Widgets and remove the archives and meta widgets.
What does just another WordPress site mean?
A tagline is a WordPress site’s slogan or description. Many websites use a catchy phrase as their tagline to describe their website and brand. By default, WordPress uses “Just another WordPress site” for your website’s tagline when you first create a website. Not all themes display the tagline, but many will.