- 1 How do I embed a link in WordPress?
- 2 How do I embed an embedded link?
- 3 How do you create a URL link?
- 4 How do I embed a video link in WordPress?
- 5 What does an embedded link look like?
- 6 How do I embed a link in an image?
- 7 What is the difference between embed and link?
- 8 How do I use URL link?
- 9 How do you copy a URL link?
- 10 How do I copy and paste a link?
- 11 What is the embed code?
- 12 How do I embed a YouTube link in WordPress?
- 13 Which code we will use to embed a video in a WordPress page post?
How to insert a link in WordPress Classic:
- Go to the web page you want to link to.
- Write the text you want to be a hyperlink. It is good to be descriptive and avoid the phrase “click here”
- Select the text.
- Click the make link button in WordPress.
- Paste the URL from step one into the link field.
- Then click insert.
Create a new or open an existing HTML document on your computer, click where you want to insert something. Use the Insert Menu and click on Image or Link. Your HTML file then has a link to an external file which will open when the link is clicked.
Create a hyperlink to a location on the web
- Select the text or picture that you want to display as a hyperlink.
- Press Ctrl+K. You can also right-click the text or picture and click Link on the shortcut menu.
- In the Insert Hyperlink box, type or paste your link in the Address box.
You can add video from the Web:
- Log in to your WordPress.com account and click the Add New link from the Posts menu. The Add New Post page opens.
- Click the Add Video icon, then click the From URL tab.
- Type the URL (Internet address) of the video in the Video URL text box.
An embedded hyperlink is when text is used as the link rather than the actual URL. For example, instead of displaying the link as http://www.blackbaud.com, it is displayed as Blackbaud.
- Locate and copy the image link. Locate the image on the web that you want to embed.
- Position the cursor in the editor.
- Select the Image icon.
- Paste the image link (URL).
- Click OK.
- Example of a left-aligned image.
Let’s discuss the difference between embedding and linking videos. An embedded video lets you borrow the video from another platform. Visitors can watch the video on your website without leaving the current page. In contrast, linking a video shares the URL of the video.
To insert a web link:
- Type the text you want to use for the link.
- Highlight the text.
- Click, Insert Hyperlink.
- In URL of linked page or file field, type in the URL for the site to which you are linking (if external).
- Select an Anchor, if desired.
- Type a Title.
- Click Insert.
How do I copy a URL link?
- Right-click the URL you want to copy.
- Select ‘copy’ from the popup menu.
- Navigate to wherever you wish to share the link, right-click then paste.
If you want to copy a link from a webpage or app, tap and hold the link. From the pop-up menu, select “Copy Link Address.” Now, to paste the URL, find a text box somewhere. This can be a messaging app, the address bar in a new tab, a notes app, etc.
What is the embed code?
What is an embed code? An embed code provides a short code usually in HTML language for users to copy and paste into a website. Typically, it provides the source link and height and width of the item. Don’t worry–you will not need to know the meaning of the code.
Easiest Way to Embed a YouTube Video in WordPress
- Copy the URL from the YouTube video. You can copy the URL from your browser’s address bar or from the YouTube share link button.
- Paste the URL into the WordPress editor and the embed feature will automatically turn it into an embedded video.
Which code we will use to embed a video in a WordPress page post?
You can, however, use the iframe HTML code to integrate videos directly into WordPress page templates. Once you have the video URL, you’re ready to publish the video on your website.