- 1 Why can’t I edit my homepage in WordPress?
- 2 How do I change the look of my home page?
- 3 How do I select my home page in WordPress?
- 4 How do I remove the default homepage in WordPress?
- 5 How do you set Google as your homepage?
- 6 What is home page in HTML?
- 7 How do I change the header in WordPress?
- 8 How do I remove the page title in WordPress?
Why can’t I edit my homepage in WordPress?
You have to create and publish the welcome page and then set that as your “static front page” at settings > reading. If you want a blog page showing posts as well, you also have to create a blog page and publish it, and then set it as the “posts” page at settings > reading.
How do I change the look of my home page?
Open Google Chrome, then select the three, vertical dots next to the profile icon. Select Settings, then under Appearance, turn the toggle for Show home button to on. Choose the option you’d like to use: New Tab page or Enter custom web address.
How do I select my home page in WordPress?
To designate your static homepage, go to My Sites → Customize → Homepage Settings: Then, under Front page displays, choose A static page. Next, click on the Homepage dropdown list and select the “Home” page you created as your static homepage: Next, on the Posts page dropdown, select the “Posts” page you created.
How do I remove the default homepage in WordPress?
2- Go to Dashboard => Appearance => Customize => Menus =>Primary and see if there are any other pages on the menu except the pages that you have added. If so then you can remove the page or the link.
How do you set Google as your homepage?
In the Android version of the mobile app, you can add a home button to Chrome under Settings > Homepage. Make sure the switch is turned on and set the custom URL to www.google.com so you will be taken to Google each time you tap the home button.
What is home page in HTML?
The homepage or home page is the name of the main page of a website where visitors can find hyperlinks to other pages on the site. By default, the homepage on all web servers is index. html; however, it can also be index. A home page may also be referred to as a “front page,” “welcome page,” or “landing page.”
How do I change the header in WordPress?
Edit header options for my WordPress site
- Sign in to WordPress.
- In the left-hand menu, select Appearance > Customize.
- Select Site Identity or Header > Site Identity. You will see options to edit the logo, site title, tagline, and site icon.
- Select Publish to apply the changes.
How do I remove the page title in WordPress?
If you just want to remove the titles, it’s easy to do: Go to Pages > All Pages. Hover a page and click Quick Edit, then blank the title and click Update. You can also click the title or hover and click Edit, then find the heading at the top, delete the text inside, and click Update.